Pad Thai Americana Recipe
A modern fusion with a big bold peanut taste bound to be despised by purists! We serve this dish with pasta instead of the traditional rice noodles - blasphemy! Unfortunately for those who insist that tradition cannot be compromised - this variant tastes pretty darn good.
- 1 box of linguini or spaghetti
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup snowpeas
- 1/2 cup carrot, juliened
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 pound shrimp, devined
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 or 3 stalks scallion, sliced at an angle
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- juice from 1/2 lime
- Boil water to cook pasta.
- Preheat your wok on high heat.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil, put in shallot, garlic and wait until they just begin to brown.
- Add shrimp for one minute or until it's barely cooked.
- Remove the shrimp and add chicken, fry until it's barely cooked.
- Add all mixed vegetables in the pan, stir fied them well.
- In the pot of boiling water pot, add a touch of olive oil and salt before adding linquini and stir the pasta to prevent sticking.
- When it's al dente, strain the linquini and mix it into the wok.
- Add peanut butter, stire a little bit, then brown sugar/palm sugar, tamarind sauce, soy sauce.
- Push to the side, add olive oil in the middle, and put eggs in there - cook until they just start to solidify.
- Stir with the rest, add brean sprouts and scallions and stir all.
- Cook for one more minute, letting all the ingredients come together.
- Remove from heat and plate quickly.
- Sprinkle on lime juice and garnish with crushed peanuts.